Occupational Therapy Assistant(Grade E: £20,436 - £23,540 per annum (FTE £21,702 - £24,999 per annum))
Closing Date: 24/09/2018
This role will require the successful candidate to work with pupils who have a range of sensory and physical needs identified in their EHCP. The successful candidate will work closely with the Occupational Therapist in order to deliver programs to groups or individuals.
The successful candidate will:
- supervise programs for individuals or groups under the direction of an OT
- help to prepare activities for the pupils’ educational and developmental needs
- promote appropriate behaviour in line with the school’s behaviour policy
- support the school ethos by promoting a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment
- promote the inclusion of all pupils
- be aware of, and comply with, all school policies and procedures; particularly relating to child protection, first aid, health, safety and security, confidentiality, data protection, reporting any concerns to the relevant person
Full Job Description – St Philip’s OT Assistant JD & PS
St Philip’s is a school for children and young people aged 11-19 who have additional learning needs, some of which are complex, and may include Autism. Our pupils and students are valued for who they are as individuals and are supported to achieve their maximum potential. We celebrate academic achievement as well as self-discovery and a sense of personal worth and well-being.
St Philip’s is a sponsored academy and part of the Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT) family. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities that it serves.
Applications are invited from individuals interested in working in a genuinely unique setting, where a holistic approach to the personal development of young people includes supporting their cognitive, emotional and mental health well-being.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Arwen Showell, School Secretary, on 020 8397 2672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com.
Please note that CV applications will NOT be considered.
Closing Date: 8am on Monday 24th September 2018
St Philip’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; there is an expectation that all staff share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.